Sayfalar

18 Aralık 2011 Pazar

Past Tense

Simple Past Tense

We use simple past tense to explain the idea that an action started and finished  in a specific time in the past. No matter the user do not mention about the specific time, he or she knows the exact time in his/ her mind.

 Firstly, we use simple past to list a series actions that were completed in the past.
For İnstance,
İ finished my work, walked on the beach and swam in the sea.

Secondly, we use simple to describe the completed events in a specific time.
Forexample, I went to the cinema last weekend.
- Did you have your lunch yesterday?

Thirdly, we use simple past tense in order to explain an event which took long time to complete.
For example, I lived in İstanbul for 5 years.
- My sister played the piano when we went to our grandmother's house.

Also, we use simple past tense when we want to  describe our habits which we had in the past.
For instance, Did you play soccer when you were a child?

Additionally, we use simple past tense to talk about the past facts that are no longer true.
For example,  Since 2001 I was a baby, but now I am a grown-up.

Also we can add adverbs when we use simple past tense in our sentences such as always, only, ever,still, just and so on..
For instance. Did you just phone Tom?
My father just called her to tell her that she needs to come home.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder